505 Pitt Street Sydney, NSW 2000
Canadian born Carolyn Gahan fell in love with Australia whilst travelling in 2011 and has been in the country ever since, working with Franck Provost Paris as the brand’s Salon Studio Team Director and also as a Master Stylist in the Franck Provost Sydney CBD salon.
- What is avant-garde hairstyling is, what makes it Avant Garde and all the different ways a hairstyle can be interpretted
- how to draw inspiration from everyday things such as nature, art, architecture or fabrics\ clothing
- the steps needed to create the avant- garde hairstyle which best showcases their vision.
- Examples of pre made pieces
- discuss the process from drawings to constructing then photographing.
- constructing the base of a hairpiece\ chicken wire, glue guns, foam balls etc.
- the use of wigs or hair pieces
- attaching the pieces to the head
- demonstrate a few ways to change the texture of hair ie. Hair mats, wood lacquer etc
- creating a piece to be photographed on only one side
- moods, concepts, themes, feeling of shoot
- best model type for Avant Garde
- Styling for production